Are you thinking about getting some chickens? They are useful pets!
- lay yummy eggs
- eat bugs/ticks
- cheap to care for
- waste is great for compost
- can cuddle them – some breeds are friendlier (Silkies, Japanese Bantam, barred Plymouth rock are good choices)
- can get green, blue, white, black, or brown eggs in many sizes
- can get diapers for indoor chickens
- chickens might eat the eggs, if you forget to collect them
- might poop on you
- might be limited by laws (some places will allow hens only)
- when a new rooster crows it can be very loud
Chickens don’t pee. The white part in their waste is how they excrete water.
Can be part of a lush, green, food producing yard.